Tall mountain ash forests guide us into the spectacular Blue Dandenong Ranges.
Travel through the picturesque Yarra Valley to Healesville Sanctuary. A guided tour and Gray Line special VIP Meet and Feed adds a nice component.
Wildlife Encounters is exactly what you will experience at Healesville Sanctuary but not before a generous spit roast lunch at Fergusson Winery. To satisfy your sweet tooth, sample some chocolates at Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery. Then it is on to Healesville Sanctuary, home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles all set in a natural bushland setting. It is such a delight to walk around! Take a guided tour and a Gray Line exclusive is our VIP Wildlife Meet and Feed which is your chance to feed one of Australia's native animals!
- Superb traditional gardens and towering mountain ash forests of the Blue Dandenong Ranges
- Ferntree Gully at the foot of the ranges
- Towering trees, fern gullies and lyrebirds of Sherbrooke Forest
- Panoramic views of the area from Grantulla Road
- Australian wine tasting at Fergusson's Winery, a noted Yarra Valley wine producer
- Enjoy a lunch as a guest of Louise Fergusson with a delicious spit roast served with wine (vegetarian meals and Asian cuisine are also available)
- Enjoy views of wineries and rolling green pastures through the Yarra Valley
- Pass through Healesville - small township set amongst mountain bushland
- Visit Healesville Sanctuary set amongst the native bush and home for over 200 species of Australian birds, mammals and reptiles
- Stroll in paddocks of kangaroos and wallabies
- See elusive lyrebirds, eagles, ibis & spoonbills up close whilst wandering through large aviaries and pond areas
- Witness the "Eagles Fly" demonstration
- Observe the underwater life of the platypus
- Come face to face with a koala!
- Meet a furry wombat!
- See dingoes, Tasmanian Devils, echidnas, snakes and goannas
- Lunch with glass of wine and opportunity for wine tasting at Fergusson's Winery,
- entrance to Healesville Sanctuary,
- VIP Wildlife Meet and Feed,
- free Wi-Fi on coach