Great Ocean Road Adventure
An amazing coastline to travel and stunningly breathtaking, the Great Ocean Road is a photographer's delight and it consistently features in the Top 10 of world's greatest scenic coastal drives. A day tour that will impress!
Get ready for an exciting day of visual wonderment and one of the best coastal drives you will ever experience! Your day tour with Gray Line along iconic Great Ocean Road takes in spectacular coastal views of long sandy beaches, rolling surf, precipitous coastal cliffs and river inlets. Travel through popular resort towns Anglesea, Lorne, Wye River, Apollo Bay and Port Campbell. Our stops include a beach walk at Gibson's Steps, Twelve Apostles boardwalk, Loch Ard Gorge and Island Arch. A refreshment stop is made at Port Campbell before heading inland back to Melbourne.
Highlights of this tour
- Views of Melbourne and Port Phillip Bay from West Gate Bridge
- Torquay and the Surf Coast
- Spectacular coastal views along the Great Ocean Road
- Surf beach resort of Lorne
- Precipitous coastal cliffs, long sandy beaches and rolling surf
- River inlets and fern gullies
- Stop at picturesque Apollo Bay for lunch (own expense) - perhaps a walk along the beach
- Otway National Park - fern gullies and eucalypts make up this beautiful Australian rainforest
- Port Campbell National Park's rugged coastline, "The Shipwreck Coast"
- Gibson's Steps - gain a unique perspective of the stunning Apostles from the water's edge
- Huge stone monoliths of the Twelve Apostles
- You may take an optional helicopter flight over the shipwreck coast (own expense)
- The Island Arch and Razorback - grand architecture carved by surf
- Loch Ard Gorge - site of the tragic shipwreck of the "Loch Ard"
- Port Campbell - holiday resort and fishing village
- This powerful coastline provides scope for stunning photography
- Return directly to Melbourne enjoying an on-board Australian movie "All The Rivers Run - 1"
- See the spectacular evening lights of Melbourne from West Gate Bridge."
Returns: 7:30pm (approx)
- National park fees,
- Aussie style Bush Billy tea with lamingtons,
- vegemite and crackers,
- WiFi on coach (subject to wifi equipped coach availability)
Please bring a windbreaker and walking shoes.