Morning Puffing Billy Steam Train Tour
A relaxing and pleasant morning tour, visit Dandenong Ranges National Park and feel the serenity of being surrounded by rainforest. Ride through the forest on 'Puffing Billy' steam train, an original steam locomotive.
A morning surrounded by rainforest of the Dandenong Ranges National Park. Greenery everywhere and sound of nature with bird calls makes for a scenic and delightful tour. Visit Sherbrooke Forest with its tall eucalypts and at Grants Picnic Ground, enjoy an authentic Australian experience ... our Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, vegemite and crackers. Here you will also get to meet many of the locals ... Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! There is time for a short bushwalk before riding on Australia's most notable narrow gauge railway on Puffing Billy steam train.
Highlights of this tour
- Melbourne's eastern suburbs
- The Dandenong Ranges National Park - home of the lyrebird, superb traditional gardens and towering Mountain Ash forests
- Visit Sherbrook Forest - heart of the Dandenongs; tall eucalypts, kookaburras and bellbirds
- Meet the locals at Grants Picnic Ground ... colourful Crimson Rosellas and King Parrots! (opportunity to hand feed)
- Enjoy an Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons, Vegemite and crackers - old fashioned hospitality in delightful surrounds...what a treat!
- Ride through the forest from Belgrave on Puffing Billy steam train - an original steam locomotive
- Pass through quaint villages noted for their restaurants, craft shops and beautiful gardens
- Visit Sassafras known for its local craft and antiques
- Views of Melbourne's skyline, Silvan Dam and the rolling hills
- Hotel pickup,
- historic steam train ride,
- Aussie style Bush Billy Tea with lamingtons,
- Vegemite and crackers,
- free Wi-Fi on coach